Shurtape AF-982 FSK Tape is a maximum strength Foil/Scrim/Kraft tape. It is used for sealing, seaming and joining scrim-reinforced foil duct insulation and in all weather conditions when a maximum strength tape is needed. Shurtape AF 982 Tape features include:
Permanent bond adhesive.
Backing which resists tearing.
Resists water vapor and smoke transmission.
Shurtape AF-982 FSK (Foil/Scrim/Kraft) Tape
- Adhesive: high tack, synthetic rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: aluminum foil/fiberglass scrim/kraft paper
- Release Liner: non-contaminating, siliconized, flat white paper
- Thickness: 9.4 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 6.6 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 60 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 40 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 32°F to 230°F
- Elongation: 1%
- Flame Spread Index: 10
- Smoke Development Index: 10
- Standards Met: Tested in accordance with UL 723; FSI 10/SDI 10; US Green Building Council – LEED Point contributor product
- Core: 3" diameter